We will not give information about you to anyone outside the academy without your consent unless the law and our rules permit it. However, we are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DFE).
Once your child is aged 13 or over we are required to pass on certain information to the Connexions Service. Connexions is the Government’s information and advice service for all young people ages 13 to 19 in England. We must provide both you and your child’s name and address and any further information relevant to the Connexions services’ role.
• emergency contact information including names, addresses, mobile numbers and email addresses from you. In order to
be more environmentally-friendly, we communicate school information via email, SMS text messaging and smartphone
• Data Sheets and Consent Forms. We can also receive data transfers from previous or primary schools via the DfE’s
Secure Access site providing previous attendance history and KS2/Target data, etc.
• ethnicity information, special education needs, meal preferences and travel arrangements for use in the Annual School
Census and Local Authority data captures.
• medical information and food allergy information in order to provide appropriate care within school.
• assessment data in order to assess progress and identify additional areas of development that may be needed. Staffcomplete digital marksheets, which are then reported to parents through Progress Reports.
We take your privacy seriously and data is only used in conjunction with providing the best possible care and education for your child. It is used to assess learning, to set up user accounts to assist with personalised learning, to facilitate home-school communication and emergency information so we can contact parents.
Any third party that we share your data with has been rigorously checked by following our Due Diligence process. Where we do need to share your data (for example school trip collective passport, bursary application etc) we will ask for a signature for your consent.
We thank you for your continued support and are happy to answer any further questions you may have.