Applications for admission for the Studio School for year 12 for September 2018 will be co-ordinated by The Ockendon Academy and applications should be made directly to the
Academy. Information on this process will be published in the Studio School information
prospectus for year 12. Applications for In-year admissions are administered by the Admissions Team at the Academy. In-year admissions application forms are available from the Academy and from Thurrock Council and should be submitted directly to Thurrock Council.
1. “Looked After Children” and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangement order or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is in the care of a local authority or being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see section 22 (1) of the Children Act 1989).
2. Students with a sibling attending the Academy in Years 7 to 12 inclusive at the date of application.
3. Students whose normal place of residence is in the catchment area of the Academy at the date of application. The Academy’s catchment area is detailed in the Thurrock School Catchment Areas document which is produced by Thurrock Council. This can be viewed on the website of Thurrock Council (under the Admissions section – school catchment areas).
4. Students eligible for Pupil Premium at the time of application.
5. Students who live with parents, guardians or carers who are employees of the Academy, provided that the employee has been employed at the academy for a minimum of two years at the date of application for admission and/or are recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
6. Students whose normal place of residence is outside the catchment area of the Academy at the date of application.
For applicants who believe that their child/ren may be eligible for Pupil Premium priority
(detailed in criteria 4 above), this should be stated on the application form (under Section
3/preference reason) together with confirmation that permission is given for the Academy to contact your child/ren’s current school to ascertain if your child/ren is/are eligible. Further information on Pupil Premium is available on the Academy website via:
With the exception of the waiting list maintained by Thurrock Council for applications for Year 7 detailed in the preceding paragraph, the Academy will maintain a waiting list for each year group and allocate places as they become available according to its
oversubscription criteria. Students will be removed from the waiting list for each year group at the end of each academic year unless a parent/guardian/carer makes a request in writing that the Academy should keep the student’s name on the waiting list.