We aim to provide excellent customer service to all of our students, parents and partners in business and the community.
September 2017 – March 2018
100% of visitors rated their visit as at least 9/10.
Each term, some parents who have contacted the Academy by phone are contacted to check the standard of customer service they received.
Between September 2017 and March 2018, 97% agreed that the service is efficient and queries are dealt with promptly as set out in our customer care statement.
On a day to day basis;
- The visitor’s name and that of the person they have come to see will be recorded in the diary at the front desk.
- There will be clearly marked signs for reception and car parking.
- Staff will smile and give a personal welcome at reception.
- Staff will be identified with name badges.
- A suitable waiting area will be provided in reception and a room for meetings with parents and others, comfortably furnished and private (where required).
- Visitors will not be kept waiting for appointments for longer than 5-10 minutes. If there is a delay, they will be kept informed of the reason and given an expected time for the meeting to begin.
- Visitors will be provided with a Visitor’s Badge and signed in. Staff will be minded of possible literacy issues when asking visitors to sign in.
- Visitors who will be involved in the school in excess of one hour will be offered refreshments.
- We will write letters of appreciation to visitors who have provided a service to us.
- Telephone calls will be answered within 5 rings.
- The receptionist will answer the telephone by saying, “Good morning/Good afternoon. The Ockendon Academy. How can I help you?”.
- Visitors will be asked for their opinions when they leave the building and comments or complaints responded to within 5 working days.
General Customer Care
- Students are regularly assessed and are supported by tutors, year team leaders and members of the pastoral team.
- Parents are contacted, if necessary, to make them aware of any concerns.
- Parents have the opportunity to meet with staff during parents’ evenings and progress days.
- The Learning Gateway facilitates contact between parents and the Academy. Parents are able to monitor progress of their child instantaneously.